Truck rides like a brick.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 8-lug RPO was C6P; from there it's broken apart into two sets if you want to be super specific, 350 trucks typically got the 14-Bolt SF 8-lug, and 454/6.5L trucks got the 14-Bolt FF 8-lug.
On the ride of the truck, it's a 3/4 ton truck from the 90s, not a caddy; but you can still make them ride decently.
Start with all the bushings, 20+ years is way past the life span for the rubber bushings in anything, small things like GMT800 cab mounts can help but at the end of the day it's still a 3/4 ton Chevy.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The 1500 in my sig, ECSB, has 1 ton torsion bars and 8600gvw leaves out back, same as you OP. It rides shittier than the dually in my sig, a CCLB. I have 2 CCLB duallies and they ride the same. Better than my 1500.

SNOMAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I just figured it was HD because of the gvwr. Thanks for clarification. I could tell the torsion bars were slightly cranked so I lowered them all the way. I guess I didn't even think about the bump stops. Ill screw in the keys up today and see how it does. I am still thinking about a tuff country lift. I know their rear leafs are considerably better. I have the same leafs in my 1980 K30 and its amazingly better than stock was.

SNOMAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as tire pressure I think I'm st 50 in the front and 80 in the rear which is what the door tag says to have them at. They are retread k02s. I wish I had falken wildpeak at3s on. They are a much better tire.

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I just figured it was HD because of the gvwr. Thanks for clarification. I could tell the torsion bars were slightly cranked so I lowered them all the way. I guess I didn't even think about the bump stops. Ill screw in the keys up today and see how it does. I am still thinking about a tuff country lift. I know their rear leafs are considerably better. I have the same leafs in my 1980 K30 and its amazingly better than stock was.

If you are thinking about a lift, I just installed WFO shackle reversal kit on my k2500, ecsb and it made a big difference in ride quality and that’s with the basic RC shocks that came with my lift kit. No blocks and it nets about 4 inches lift with 5 inch shackles. I also installed a u bolt flip kit at same time/ kept overload leaf.

You must be registered for see images attach

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Air pressure plays big role. One of the tahoes I had, I put Goodyear wrangler authority’s on it, 235/85/16 on stock wheels. First had 34-35lbs I think, road like it was on a cloud. Pumped em up to 45-50, road like a tank and were louder than hell. Try air pressure n see what it does....

SNOMAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are thinking about a lift, I just installed WFO shackle reversal kit on my k2500, ecsb and it made a big difference in ride quality and that’s with the basic RC shocks that came with my lift kit. No blocks and it nets about 4 inches lift with 5 inch shackles. I also installed a u bolt flip kit at same time/ kept overload leaf.

You must be registered for see images attach

Good info. I think I may try that.

SNOMAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Air pressure plays big role. One of the tahoes I had, I put Goodyear wrangler authority’s on it, 235/85/16 on stock wheels. First had 34-35lbs I think, road like it was on a cloud. Pumped em up to 45-50, road like a tank and were louder than hell. Try air pressure n see what it does....

I'll play around with it and see what happens.