Truck Newbie From PA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey everyone, my name is Adam and I'm new to the truck scene. I hope by joining this forum I can learn some things from everyone about this platform. I recently bought a 1995 Silverado Z71 as a commuter truck for college. I know, gas prices are high and a truck isn't a Prius. Honestly, after working as much as I did this past summer to get this truck its worth it to me. I bought the truck this past Tuesday and already put almost 250 miles on it. It does need a few odds and ends but I view it as a "mini project". However, I'm not new to GM vehicles and it is nice to have a "modern" truck for a change as a daily driver. I saved up since I was 3 years old for my previous daily which is a 1977 Chevrolet Nova Concours. By age 16 I bought and paid for the restoration by myself. I needed a more reliable vehicle for college and preferably one with heat haha. So I found my truck on Craigslist and the gentleman was asking $3,500. After a bit of dealing I got the truck for $3,100 cash and he included a used set of 33" tires (2 of them probably being useful) and a TrailFX tool box. The truck has 190,000 on a rebuilt motor and also has a new or replaced automatic transmission, a 3" body lift. 33" tires, and a 4" exhaust with nearly rusted through flowtech headers. I'd like to sell the tool box, get a go rhino roll bar with KC daylighters and a new bull bar with KCs as well. Enough talk, how about some pictures!

You must be registered for see images attach

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! I'm a little hesitant to start posting right away because I still need to learn some of the lingo. I've been lurking around and there are some really nice trucks here. I hope one day my truck will be decent looking haha. I ordered a performance chip from a local 4 wheel drive shop because the owner is good friends with a neighbor/mechanic and said he would sell it to me for 50% off ($75) I think the box said Hypertech? Not sure of the brands for computer oriented stuff.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Welcome to the site man, Im excited to see where this build will be going :)