Truck dies when i put it in drive?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubya

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the engine idles good. what do y'all suggest i should start looking for the problem? have any of yall had this problem before?

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine did that when I replaced the IAC valve....Had to do a relearn to it and it quit....I dunno if you have messed with that or not?

Dubya

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no sir i have not. what exactly is a relearn? do ya think i should replace my IAC valve?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my 88 does it going into any gear but usually only once warmed up, drop it down into drive from a refire, dies, go up into reverse sometimes from drive, dies, go into reverse on a refire, dies.

I haven't figured it out yet. I have tried the relearn on mine, need to retry it, and I've changed the CTS, o2, removed the egr, and rebuilt the tb unit. my entire motor is new same with my distributor, my cap, rotor, coil everything.

The only things I have not yet changed is the TPS, IAC, knock sensor, MAP and the ESC module.