Truck completely dying at WOT and kicking back on afterwards???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you seriously might go ahead and check the timing it's easy and the timing chains are known to stretch also have you replaced the little ignition module under the dist cap? I can't think.of what it's called but they are cheap and are known to cause alot of problems, usually they quit altogether but sometimes they can cause problems. that's all I can think of man

Sent from my static android

Yes, the pick up coil is what you are reffering too and they will cause all sorts of issues when they start to fail. As for replacing the ignition coil, those too will cause weird issue's when they start to go out. Generally it's lower RPM's where they hick up though.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Ignition module. Pull it out of the distributor and run it to AutoZone or O'Reilly, they can test it

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Just a little update guys. So far I have replaced:
-Ignition module under distributor cap
-ignition coil
-Oil pressure switch (didn't fix this problem, but the old one was leaking all my damn oil out :lol: glad that's fixed at least
-TBI rebuilt
-FPR rebuilt
-all vacuum lines and hoses are good
-filled her with coolant (she was pretty low for a while)
-TPS
-Known good inectors off my brother's '92 OOBS burban
-Spark Control module off the burban
-MAP off the burban
-EGR solenoid off the burban
-Made sure there was no arcing from the plug wires
-Tested compression, 170 across the board.

I'm gonna be testing more the next few days so I'll update, but she's still dying and severely misfiring when i give her too much gas at anything lower than 1,500rpm. Also, when i start to leave a red light (I'm talking feathering the throttle) she'll surge and bog down and I have to hit the gas hard for it not to die.

Still need to check timing and fuel pressure, should be done Wed.