Tranny torque converter unlocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Glad I found this thread again, thanks for the info here guys. I have a very similar problem with my truck that I also assumed to be some sort of TCC problem, but I recently had my transmission completely rebuilt and this didn't solve it. I will be looking into ignition issues now, great to know where to start!

Thank you for posting we keep in touch :)
My mechanic is going nut with this issue (remember : ignition and tranny brand new) but still a very short a suddlently shock/cutoff ONLY on OVERDRIVE at 55 mph and steady speed.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you for posting we keep in touch :)
My mechanic is going nut with this issue (remember : ignition and tranny brand new) but still a very short a suddlently shock/cutoff ONLY on OVERDRIVE at 55 mph and steady speed.

No problem! I'll let you know what my mechanic finds out when it goes into the shop, should be in the next week or two. Sounds like our problems might be slightly different, though. Mine will do it in any gear, any MPH as long as you're maintaining a constant speed. It's most noticeable in my case around 2500-3000 RPM with my foot on the throttle very slightly. I'm thinking if it isn't ignition related then maybe my fuel spider is on its way out.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just thought I would update on this like I said I would. My problem was definitely ignition related. New plug wires, plugs, cap and rotor and my problem was solved.