Tranny leak!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Trans leak!!! 92 Silverado 700r4 sits for around 3 days and it'll piss a puddle of trans fluid on the ground. I know the Asian Warner Jeep trans will do the same from torque converter spilling over AFTER IT SIT FOR A FEW DAYS. The trans has 1007600 miles on it. shifts fine but bleeds! Whats the fix?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over 1 million miles? Where's it leaking from the radiator, bell housing, the pan, or the tail shaft area?

Reaction score
Sorry i ment 176 thousand from front of trans around bell housing area. i'll top it off drive it and park it for a week at a time (i walk to work) and there it sits a cup full of trans fluid

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, your front seal may be the culprit, if it's trans fluid not motor oil...

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine was leaking at the rear (also front) and they told me the driveshaft was too long, because of being lowered so much?? Shortened it with new seal and no more leaks
Front will be fixed shortly, HATE OIL LEAKS
Bobby V

Reaction score
If that torque converter has 176000 miles on it chances are the seal cut a groove in it and no longer seals. The fluid as it cools and finds it's way back into the pan from the converter is flowing past the seal. They might sell a sleeve to put over the torque converter snout or you'll have to get a new converter and seal to stop the drip.