Traded trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me ask this. This is what i have already.
Alpine amp. 50X4 rms
Infinity Bass link mini under seat powered sub. 100w rms
2 NIB Pioneer 6x9 coaxial speakers to replace the 4x10 in the rear. I might or not use depending on what the options turn out to be here.
My budget is $400 maybe a little higher depending.
My Suburban has 6x speakers + 2 tweeters in it. Im certainly not opposed to installing larger speakers then the 6.5in in the doors as it looks to me there is plenty of room if spacing them out to the door panel. Im pretty sure i can get 8in round speakers in there. 6x9 would be very easy.
What would you do?

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered this today.
It looks like it will need some work on it for sure but i repair fiberglass all the time at work, Aircraft fiberglass parts. I have almost everything i need here. Will need to get some high build primer and white matching paint. Then order new lenses to make it look new.
You must be registered for see images attach

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So. Since my last post i have done some more work to it.
Got my visor installed after painting it.
I used 1/4X20 Rivnuts installed wet using Pro seal and SS bolts. It's a 2 part aircraft sealant otherwise known a B 1/2 for the aviation guys.
Installed side window wind deflectors and a hood protector.
Just yesterday finally got my tow mirrors mostly wired up after mounting them a couple of weeks ago. Still need to hook up the running/turn lights and the reverse lights.
Installed new Spec-d glass lens headlights. Made a BIG differance driving at night.
Installed new Master cylinder and Hydroboost. Brakes now work much better! Surprised me how much better. Before replacing the master cylinder and leaking hydroboost the brakes felt just like every other mid 90s chevy truck i had owned. After replacement the pedal is much firmer and no trouble at all activating the anti lock right now!.
Had a shop install new motor mounts and trans mount as i do not want to lay on the cold wet ground to do it. The driver's side was broke and the trans mount was all cracked and puffy.
Changed the Transfer case fluid. Man that stuff was nasty and never changed in 140k miles
Installed a new Cunningham lower steering shaft and adjusted the steering gear box.

Now i need to install new engine oil cooler lines but again i don't want to lay on the cold wet ground
Need to change front and rear diff oil
Needs new AC pump and replace all rubber hoses under the hood before summer.
I think that will finally get all the mechanical repair and maintenance taken care of.

Attachments

• IMG_20220213_130459497_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220213_130459497_HDR.jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20220213_130511821_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220213_130511821_HDR.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 10

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday i got the engine oil cooler lines swapped out and put in a used junkyard steering box. This thing steers great now!. The old box once out felt like it had bad bearings. Never had one apart so i might tear it apart to see what's inside for myself.

So the next step is to fix the AC system. I will need to replace most of it. Hoses under the hood, New pump, Condenser, Orifice tube, Accumulator, Rear expansion valve.
The hoses that go to the rear look good but who knows for sure. I'll find out when i charge it.
Question.
I'm looking at a Four Seasons AC kit. Anyone know if it's any good or stay away from it?

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been a while since i last posted. Just slowly been fixing her up. Will be installing a new stereo next weekend if i have the time. Hope 3 days will be enough as i plan on installing sound deadening in the 4 doors. Looking WAY better than when i first got it. Engine still has me worried though but she keeps starting and getting me to work and back :)

Attachments

• IMG_20220520_150926932.jpg
    IMG_20220520_150926932.jpg
    610.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20220527_150631616.jpg
    IMG_20220527_150631616.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20220530_165423471_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220530_165423471_HDR.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20220530_165412069_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220530_165412069_HDR.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 8

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love it! I put a visor back on my 96 a few months ago, and I've got one for my 2000 I need to paint and rewire, hard to beat the classic look!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love it! I put a visor back on my 96 a few months ago, and I've got one for my 2000 I need to paint and rewire, hard to beat the classic look!
I had/have one for my 91. Took it off as a few holes got a bit rusty and leak in the rain/car wash. And caused it to vibrate like crazy. I'm torn on putting it back on, buddies say no, which makes me more eager to put it back on after welding up a few of the holes.
As to the OP, glad you are enjoying your Burb still, and the visor looks good!

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!
I am one that likes the Lund stuff. Wish i could find a full set of the Lund one piece flairs/running board combo for a suburban.
Another thing i wish i could find is a rear wind deflector to help keep the rear glass cleaner, But i have the rear/side windows covered so i can sleep in it camping so not a big deal for now anyway.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had/have one for my 91. Took it off as a few holes got a bit rusty and leak in the rain/car wash. And caused it to vibrate like crazy. I'm torn on putting it back on, buddies say no, which makes me more eager to put it back on after welding up a few of the holes.
As to the OP, glad you are enjoying your Burb still, and the visor looks good!
I was smart about my visor install; I used threaded nutserts. So if I get tired of the visor, I can make plugs that will just screw in place and cover the hole up.
Thanks guys!
I am one that likes the Lund stuff. Wish i could find a full set of the Lund one piece flairs/running board combo for a suburban.
Another thing i wish i could find is a rear wind deflector to help keep the rear glass cleaner, But i have the rear/side windows covered so i can sleep in it camping so not a big deal for now anyway.
Funny you should mention this; last time I was at a local yard there was a Burb in the yard that had a fiberglass fender kit and a deflector, I don't know if it's Lund or another conversion company though.