Touch up Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyjack

Reaction score
I have a couple rock chips on the hood that I want to take care of couple of them are down to bare metal. Paint code is WA9260. Victory Red. I know that it isnt necessarily going to match being a 20year old truck. But have yall had good experience with the acdelco touch up paint pen. Or is there a better option? thanks.

Macfluke

I didn't see a Possum!
Reaction score
I used a touch up paint pen with good results, but my truck is Olympic/Summit White... not sure if that's helps... you could get a pen and test it on a not so noticeable area to see if it match's up before going to the high visual area.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I keep up with mine all of the time. For a flawless touch up, it takes some work, and time.After cleaning, I fill the chip with touch up paint first. I want the paint to stick up more that the original paint. after it drys for a few days, or a week or so. I then wet sand it with some 400 wet sand paper wrapped around a small wooden block to even the repair with the original paint. Then buff that out with some polishing compound on a buffer. If you don't own a buffer, you can get one that fits a drill.