Torsion turns, keys and Rough Country 2-3" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

just went to double check mine and it's at 38-3/4 front and rear and my tires are right on 31 inches aired up truck weight on them.

that's with air shocks out back and no add a leafs, only 3 or 4 leafs total I think, I do not have the f44 package nor do I have the z71 package I don't think. Anyways, front keys cranked, not on the droop stops due to sagging bars.

sounds to me like you got an inch and half more lift then me. Mine with your tires would be around 37-1/4 front and back.

You're right with me and I got taller tires. I aint sure how great it'd work with my saging bars though. Last I checked I'm only about 1/4-1/2 at most from the droop stop on my upper control arms.

Last edited:

Rusty Silence

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much lift do you have? What size are your tires? I'm putting the 285's from the plow truck on some 99+ factory rims on it for now. I hope they are at least an inch taller than these.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
285's and I have no lift just cranked up the front bars and aired up the rear air shocks that's it.

Rusty Silence

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right on. Here are a couple more pics. The first one is another view of the shock brackets and the second is a pic of the angles.

You must be registered for see images attach

angles.

You must be registered for see images attach

Rusty Silence

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like with the kit I don't have this \ / problem with my front tires that you get with cranking your bars. That alone is worth it to me.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you have the tires leaning out either way, mines that way. I think your tie rod angles look better then mine.

I know the cv and the uppers are better but that's because the diff. drop and the upper control arms.

As for the tires they should have done an alignment afterwards which is most likely why they do not lean.

now to find my angles and compared my tie rods with yours lol.

Rusty Silence

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the new upper control arms would correct the tire lean. It hasn't been aligned yet, I still need to get that done. Your tie rod angles will probably be better than mine.

Studio54

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I too got this kit. And got flamed for posting about it. I cranked first and drove a week while I waited for the kit to come in. It rode like ****. With this kit It made my ride quality greatly improve. I also cranked just a little and with my 2" body lift I'm sitting at 42 1/2" in the front on 325/60 tires. I have ZERO complaints about the kit, my cvs did great when I used them and my angles are great. Steering is fine, the angle isn't great but I ordered heim steering kits for mine. Also ordered cognito steering supports.

I love this kit and have no need to buy anything bigger. Maybe I will get longer shocks to get rid of the shock extenders. I hate those extenders. They make a ton of noise and I think it's a stupid design. Only thing I don't know is if they keep the shock if fully extended to LCA from hitting the UCAs when the suspension cycles.

I'd do this kit in a second over just cranking and riding that out.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I too got this kit. And got flamed for posting about it. I cranked first and drove a week while I waited for the kit to come in. It rode like ****. With this kit It made my ride quality greatly improve. I also cranked just a little and with my 2" body lift I'm sitting at 42 1/2" in the front on 325/60 tires. I have ZERO complaints about the kit, my cvs did great when I used them and my angles are great. Steering is fine, the angle isn't great but I ordered heim steering kits for mine. Also ordered cognito steering supports.

I love this kit and have no need to buy anything bigger. Maybe I will get longer shocks to get rid of the shock extenders. I hate those extenders. They make a ton of noise and I think it's a stupid design. Only thing I don't know is if they keep the shock if fully extended to LCA from hitting the UCAs when the suspension cycles.

I'd do this kit in a second over just cranking and riding that out.

My take is simply this:
For a 285 tire or smaller, I am fine with my crank. It rode like ass when I had it cranked all the way so I backed it off a couple turns, and I still have all the clearance I need. Its got a little bit of lean with a 2.5" block, but I've got 2500 springs, so a K1500 may not lean so much. Either way, I'm OK with it.
If you're going to a bigger tire, then there is a SLIVER of an area where this kit is a good compromise (because really, thats what it is). 305/70/16 to 325/60s sound to me to be right about where that is. Any bigger and you're wasting your money, and you shoud go to a full-drop kit.