Tool for Ball Joint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I use a pickle fork if needed, Most cases for me if I gotta separate the ball joint from the spindle, im putting a new one in.

theres plenty of ways to separate a ball joint. Ive never used a ball joint separater tool.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
He linked to a ball joint press, not a separator.

Yes, I would use something like that to press the lower ball joint out of the lower control arm. I have no idea if that particular tool will fit.

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i leave the nut threaded on a bit, then persuade it with a hammer until it comes loose. then remove the nut

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
He linked to a ball joint press, not a separator.

Yes, I would use something like that to press the lower ball joint out of the lower control arm. I have no idea if that particular tool will fit.

OOPS

I thought those kits did both?

either way, unless your making a career out of it, I wouldnt buy it.

Pickle fork and a sledge has never let me down on seperating it from the spindle, small torch and a sledge to bang it out of an arm and a ball peen hammer and some heat prior to installing ball joint. or if you got Air tools, an air hammer works great.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I thought those kits did both?

They'll remove and install on the control arm side. They don't do anything for the knuckle side, that I'm aware of. I've heard of guys banging the ball joints out and banging them in, or using the weight of the vehicle, but I'd rather not try that with my forged arms. If I had the extra money, I'd for sure buy the press. I've always borrowed it from Autozone...... something the OP obviously can't do.

Coveman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my k1500, I used a press for the lower BJs...No way they were going in without it