Toms94z71 Pics/ Future plans/build thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tom you should go ahead and upgrade it to the cfm injectors that spray dead even...Saw it on that tbi modification site lemme see if I can find it.

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wonder how fast shipping is on them, I'll probably just pic one up at work for the time being when i get paid thursday since I can get them with my discount for less then $50 each and I need it soon, but I may consider these in the near future. I just want to get i to where it will start with out me having to put my foot on the gas pedal again.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your injectors arent sparaying right or dripping I would first replace the injector filters first if you havent and if that doesnt help then you can send them off to RC Fuel Injjection to be flow matched for $25 per set and the cost of shipping both ways. I did that with mine and not only do they spray great I picked up some power because they flow within about 2% of each other now.

Also I like the truck alot, like the mods and your direction with it.

you could always colormatch your current mirrors, I have seen it done and I like it alot

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks man. I looked at my injectors and they got a great flow pattern and aren't dripping, leaning toward the egr valve being faulty.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Aha so it isn't the injectors anymore? I'm hoping to get mine flowmatched one day but I couldn't afford to take them out and ship them for a week or two. I'm sure it would take atleast that long.

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Aha so it isn't the injectors anymore? I'm hoping to get mine flowmatched one day but I couldn't afford to take them out and ship them for a week or two. I'm sure it would take atleast that long.

I may do that one day, I'm thinking about after I get all the other stuff done that I want to my truck about putting money towards building another engine for it on the side that is more power oriented.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha yes but Tom you should go ahead and go the LS swap. Just by picking a LS motor you gain 100hp off the bat. Then just think about all the power you could make just by tuning, that's not even counting the actual performance parts you put in...LS swap is by far the ultimate performance truck mod :imo:

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Turns out it was my IAC after all I believe. I replaced it at work tonight, and every time since then it has started fine. Every other time I've had one go it threw a cel, but this one the spring had got unhooked from the back of the plunger some how, put a new IAC in and it's running like a champ now, we will see for sure if I go for a few days and it doesn't act up again.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice man I just did IAC (that's what the code is) but the CEL will only come on when I put it in park and let it sit for a minute, then after a few seconds in drive it goes off, but it's calling for the IAC...The other members seem to think it's a vacuum leak from the bolt head breaking off on my throttle body from the spacer..I've noticed it has been idling higher too..and yeah it gave the IAC code so I replaced it, then it came back so I guess a small vacuum leak at the TB can throw the IAC code making it think it's not working right.

Did you have to adjust the plenum thing at the end or did you just put it in?

Last edited: