To demold and color match?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMTCCK2500

Reaction score
My roof and hood had some paint popping. I am going to sand and fix this fall. I kept the hood from getting worse when I got the truck last summer. I haven't done much to it, been trying to peform maintenance that previous owners have neglected. Truck only had 120k on it when I bought it. I am going to eventually have it painted tho. My front handles are cracked. Going to replace them when I get the chance to install new lock actuators and speakers that I have sitting around due to lack of time.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Color matched flares look the best. Demolding is a matter of opinion. I like the molding on some trucks, not so much on others. I pulled the molding off my truck when I repainted it. I haven't decided to put it back on or not.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
doesnt look bad as it is but definitely no to badged, if anything color match flares

GMTCCK2500

Reaction score
So I had some free time this weekend and decided to go for it... I think it makes the truck look newer, but it also makes it look longer. I still have mixed feelings about it. I still want tow mirrors and wheel spacers in the rear. I have been looking at aftermarket wheels but I really like the newer factory wheels on this truck. My other favorites would be adapters and the '11- current 2500HD 5 star 20s.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I had some free time this weekend and decided to go for it... I think it makes the truck look newer, but it also makes it look longer. I still have mixed feelings about it. I still want tow mirrors and wheel spacers in the rear. I have been looking at aftermarket wheels but I really like the newer factory wheels on this truck. My other favorites would be adapters and the '11- current 2500HD 5 star 20s.

attachment.php

attachment.php
wow it really does make It look a good bit longer! Looks great! Trust me the demolded will grow on you, I did not like mine at first but now I am extremely happy with it.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Looks great man. Personally I would have left the flares black but the white looks good!

GMTCCK2500

Reaction score
Thanks guys. The flares are plasti dipped for that very reason, just in case I didn't like it. I think a decal on the rear to break up some white will help with the length. I have the factory 4x4 logos but I'm not really feeling those. And I think spacers for the rear are next. The white flares show the major offset in the rear.