Interior color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joelabella

Reaction score
I have a 1988 c1500 single cab my interior color is a dark brown and tanish color some interior parts are missing im getting some from a donor truck but want to paint them exact color can anyone help? Interior looks just like bottom picture(not my truck )

Attachments

• 30FC66C6-D738-4D1F-9693-1D2082510C07.jpeg
    30FC66C6-D738-4D1F-9693-1D2082510C07.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 24

JOHNGAAA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SEM makes all the colors. Take off the glove box door and take it to the store with you and just match it up. Follow the instructions exactly and you will be happy with the results. You must use the SEM prep soap, and the SEM prep spray for the color to adhere correctly.

joelabella

Reaction score
SEM makes all the colors. Take off the glove box door and take it to the store with you and just match it up. Follow the instructions exactly and you will be happy with the results. You must use the SEM prep soap, and the SEM prep spray for the color to adhere correctly.
Alright I’ll try this out thanks man

Jeepwalker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the look of the tan interiors.

Looks like your headliner is next. Not a difficult job. The only main tricky part is getting that rear upper plastic panel off w/o breaking the clips. If you're removing plastic from a junk yard truck, you might want to get the rear upper piece just in case. Lot easier if you're already there at the yard.

Headliner: Remove & lay the headliner piece, fabric-side up on a sheet of plywood (support the sides with some wood). Put a couple screws through it into the plywood to keep from moving around as you remove all the old fabric. Then remove screws once old foam is cleaned off. Spray new headliner material (from Joanne's Fabrics) with 3M spray adhesive working from the center outward. leave enough overhang in the front (about 1.5") to curl over the front edge of the headliner piece.

Best of luck!

Last edited:

joelabella

Reaction score
I like the look of the tan interiors.

Looks like your headliner is next. Not a difficult job. The only main tricky part is getting that rear upper plastic panel off w/o breaking the clips. If you're removing plastic from a junk yard truck, you might want to get the rear upper piece just in case. Lot easier if you're already there at the yard.

Headliner: Remove & lay the headliner piece, fabric-side up on a sheet of plywood (support the sides with some wood). Put a couple screws through it into the plywood to keep from moving around as you remove all the old fabric. Then remove screws once old foam is cleaned off. Spray new headliner material (from Joanne's Fabrics) with 3M spray adhesive working from the center outward. leave enough overhang in the front (about 1.5") to curl over the front edge of the headliner piece.

Best of luck!
Thanks man