To Big 3 or not on 94 Chevy with 5.7??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You might want to rethink using the OEM double positive connection at the battery. The red plastic can cause problems with getting good connections at the battery. Also, the way the cables were routed caused the cable weight to force the bolt loose as the truck was driven.
I removed mine two days ago and made new cables with #2 weld cable and crimped,soldered, shrink wrapped ends. I routed them to be straight down or slightly to the side that would tighten the bolt from their weight. Special bolts, a 3/8 bolt and jamb nut or welded bolts as shown above help a lot when you have to get battery charger clamps on them vs, the small factory bolts.
I have run into that issue with the weight of the cable causing the damn thing to unscrew itself.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have run into that issue with the weight of the cable causing the damn thing to unscrew itself.
The OE battery bolts are very short. If your going to add anything to your battery connections, you need to get longer battery bolts, or do what I did and weld 2 bolts together back to back. I have both on my truck. I bought the extra connector and longer bolt @ Oreillys. This was good when I added my amp years ago, but with all the extra ground leads, I need the bolts welded back to back.
You must be registered for see images attach

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The OE battery bolts are very short. If your going to add anything to your battery connections, you need to get longer battery bolts, or do what I did and weld 2 bolts together back to back. I have both on my truck. I bought the extra connector and longer bolt @ Oreillys. This was good when I added my amp years ago, but with all the extra ground leads, I need the bolts welded back to back.
I have some similar in style to these

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m shipping a big 3+ kit out tomorrow for a ‘94, I’ll take a pic of it and post it up