Tire Help Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
TB crank, no blocks, 35x12.50x17 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws on 2008 suburban wheels. They clear fine. Still have the valence on the front, not trimmed anywhere. Those 315's won't be any bigger than these.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

You can see a little more of the clearance on the second picture

The only way that doesn't rub is if you have no suspension travel at all... I want flexed pics at full steering lock :deal:

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
That truck don't exist anymore. That was the donor truck for my 3/4 ton. Its in pieces now or i would send you some. The only place they would rub is in the rear (see the second pic- missing paint inside the rear fender). It would rub in the rear just before the other side tire came off the ground. The fronts made a shiny spot on the torsion bars, but never noticably rubbed. As long as you are not trying to build some crazy flexing rock crawler out of it, it will be fine.

Tailgunner762

Reaction score
Loving it 98! How was your turning radius? Did you have any rubbing issues?
I plan on getting 315/75/16 when my 285s wear out, I was just wanting see how it looked first. I gotta say again loving it!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I just don't see how it's possible I rubbed like crazy on a 2 inch block and crank and 3 inch BL

Tailgunner762

Reaction score
Did you have stock wheels or wheels with close specs? I think that is trick to it from what I've seen in my "research"! lol

98_k1500

Reaction score
Mine would turn to full lock both ways. If you were in a parking lot or something and hit a pot hole just right with it turned, you could hear the side lugs rub the torsion bar, but thats the only rubbing mine ever did. What wheels and tires were you running thz71?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Mine would turn to full lock both ways. If you were in a parking lot or something and hit a pot hole just right with it turned, you could hear the side lugs rub the torsion bar, but thats the only rubbing mine ever did. What wheels and tires were you running thz71?
Classic III'S and general grabbers

98_k1500

Reaction score
Im thinking the wheels are the key. Keeping the center of the tire over the center of the ball joint.