Time for a SAS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

illinoisboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I would love to see this happen. Dirtyhick was just saying he has beend down that road and its not worth spending a bunch of money that you will end up needing in an emegency, im pretty sure he has had that conversation on about 4 or 5 other threads.
But hey if you think you can swing it and think its for the best go for it and just make sure to read all about it with every thread you can find.

Last edited:

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
And just what is that supposed to mean?!

It means don't be stupid with your money and ruin your truck. I'm not saying that you don't have the skill or whatever but I doubt you could pull this off properly for a dd for less than 10k.

Sounds like someone is a little jelly an 18 year makes more money than he does. Stop hating....

Holy **** I was found out. I am totally jealous some kid wants to do something I have already accomplished. Makes more money than me? You're 28 with a 96 truck and I'm 22 with an 05 that mommy and daddy did not buy me, we will see who makes more money bro.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Holy **** I was found out. I am totally jealous some kid wants to do something I have already accomplished. Makes more money than me? You're 28 with a 96 truck and I'm 22 with an 05 that mommy and daddy did not buy me, we will see who makes more money bro.

Haha...you are a funny little boy. Do you want me to list my non-GM400 vehicles in my sig? Seems like you are so proud that you even list the sold ones...LOL. If you gauge someone's income/wealth by the year of vehicle they drive you have a lot to learn little boy. I am not even going to get into this with some jelly little boy.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
I'm not here for the argument.

The planned path sounds expensive but sounds like a good one. Just make sure you read read read and read more. Spend hours on each thing. From knuckles, to cross over steering, to bracket kits, everything.

Read LOTS of build threads, information threads, and nothing that says SAS on it. And like someone stated, don't rush the parts buying, you'll be better off in the long run.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
while alot of people think otherwise, an IFS IS a better option for 4WD than a straight axle. However, the 1/2 ton version used by our beloved GM is a bit of a ***** considering it's WAAAAY too weak. the 3/4-1 ton is far better and maybe a better/cheaper option than the proposed SAS. heres an article that hits the mark about this very subject.

http://realiftsusp.com/IFSsurvival.html

however there's nothing regarding hunting moose with your front bumper....... how fast were you going when you hit that SOB?

The big beast!

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
while alot of people think otherwise, an IFS IS a better option for 4WD than a straight axle. However, the 1/2 ton version used by our beloved GM is a bit of a ***** considering it's WAAAAY too weak. the 3/4-1 ton is far better and maybe a better/cheaper option than the proposed SAS. heres an article that hits the mark about this very subject.

http://realiftsusp.com/IFSsurvival.html

however there's nothing regarding hunting moose with your front bumper....... how fast were you going when you hit that SOB?

I didn't hit a moose I went off a sand dune in a sand pit.