Thz71's nbs build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This^. If you are really worried about weight remove the passenger seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Spare is gone. Tailgate will be off. The pass seat will more than likely stay in for now

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Remove the belt, tape off all openings and the grill, dry ice on the intake manifold, undo the front sway bar and shocks to remove weight and aid in weight transfer, 15 psi in the rear tires for more grip, over inflate the front tires to reduce drag, remove and tape off the mirrors... I could go on but I think that you get the picture.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Remove the belt, tape off all openings and the grill, dry ice on the intake manifold, undo the front sway bar and shocks to remove weight and aid in weight transfer, 15 psi in the rear tires for more grip, over inflate the front tires to reduce drag, remove and tape off the mirrors... I could go on but I think that you get the picture.
Yah people will laugh at me doing all that to a stock truck lol

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yah people will laugh at me doing all that to a stock truck lol

I did all of that to a 73 demon with a 225 slant 6. It went from 19.3 to 17.4. Sure it was a pile of crap car but I was doing everything that I could to win a $100 bet that I could drop off 2 seconds the next weekend for less than $20.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I did all of that to a 73 demon with a 225 slant 6. It went from 19.3 to 17.4. Sure it was a pile of crap car but I was doing everything that I could to win a $100 bet that I could drop off 2 seconds the next weekend for less than $20.
So did you do it?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did everything that I could reasonably think of to drop weight and improve aerodynamics. The car was already spot on tuning wise it was running a 22 something before he got it running right. I had debated pulling the door panels and carpet and I think that would have got me there but the interior was in really nice shape and I didn't want to hurt something. Had I pulled the door panels I would have also removed the mirrors.