Throwout bearing won't go on clutch fork!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm pulling my hair out over this! Both are for a 1992 5LM60 transmission. Throwout bearing came with my Exedy 04128 clutch kit, clutch fork is an AMS CF126, which should fit. It fits the transmission perfect.

This is the problem:

You must be registered for see images attach

The fork is too skinny for the throwout bearing. I'm doing a 5 speed swap so I don't have the original parts to compare to, so forgive me if I'm doing something wrong but this is how I was told they go together. I also don't understand what the black part on the fork does??? I really need some help with this!

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
See where there is a flat spot on the T/O bearing? that goes on the fingers of the clutch fork.

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see what you're saying but I'm putting it on exactly how it's supposed to go on and I'm telling you there's no way this thing is going to work! I think I might have to chock this up to poor manufacturing on the fork, I may have to take a flapper wheel and slightly grind out the inside of the part of the fork that slides on the bearing.

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually one thing I did notice is I slid the throwout bearing onto the input shaft and it wasn't tight, it jiggled around, it should be tight on the input shaft shouldn't it? There's like 1/16" gap between the input shaft and the throwout bearing...which also seems to be how much too big it is for the fork....hmm. I've sent Exedy an email about it

blazin8556

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you get this figured out? I have a throw out bearing that I got with a kit but could not use because I'm doing a 5.3 swap. It's just sitting here if you need it