throttle body to carb on a 94

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i have my 94 gmc that i just got out and ready to start working on again i have a motor out of a 77 gmc its a 350 ive got a edelbrock carb and intake i can use also got a hei distributor i know i need power to the coil and power to the started and such but my main question is about the tranny if i switch to carb and not have anything pluged in on the motor with that mess with my 4l60e shifting i just want the truck to be able to go forward and backward dont car to much bout shifting because there is no 2nd gear or over drive in it so will that mess with my tranny at all?

if this is in the wrong section please feel free to move it

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Normally i would say you either need a standalone controller for the trans or swap in a 700r4...... either way without power to trans it will go into limp mode iirc which starts out in second gear.........

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Normally i would say you either need a standalone controller for the trans or swap in a 700r4...... either way without power to trans it will go into limp mode iirc which starts out in second gear.........

so basicly if i dont run the tbi my tranny wont work?

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
well guess this project goes back to the back burner till i get a 5 speed or a diff tranny for it

89-Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Search here for the same thing. I think if you just unplug the TBI, you can still run the efi dist if you put a TPS on the carb and shifting isn't affected.