Throttle Body Spacers - please don't try them anymore.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
There have been like 30 posts on "I just put in a throttle body spacer, now my truck is messed up".

I'm saying they are a "fail".

Don't do it.

That is all.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There have been like 30 posts on "I just put in a throttle body spacer, now my truck is messed up".

Don't do it.

That is all.

Installed one along with the TBI mods on mine and runs and drives mint lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score

Don't do it.

That is all.
I don't like to hear that :lol: Most of them just forgot to plug something back in. Kid666 forgot a vacuum line on the back of the throttle body.

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
I don't like to hear that :lol: Most of them just forgot to plug something back in. Kid666 forgot a vacuum line on the back of the throttle body.

That's the problem, lol. THere should at least be a disclaimer on them. :p

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
It's nobodys fault except for their own if they starts unplugging stuff without looking. I installed a TBI spacer on my 94 with no ill effects. However I didn't notice much difference. Was glad to raise it up an inch though and get rid of that collar. Hah

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Are they even worth a damn? I know on carbed motors if you get a phenolic one it helps keep the carb cooler and helps atomization. Is it the same for tbi?

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Are they even worth a damn? I know on carbed motors if you get a phenolic one it helps keep the carb cooler and helps atomization. Is it the same for tbi?

Basically, yes. Because the TBI injects fuel along with air into the intake, so it helps mix better. If you tried one on a '96+ Vortec, it wouldn't do a damn thing because the fuel is injected after the spacer.

On topic, honestly, there have been tons of stories of small improvements with spacers added. The title and subject of the thread should be changed to "If you wanna try it out, MAKE SURE you take your time and install everything correctly, and don't even bother on a '96 and newer engine."

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Most people who drop on a throttle body spacer and have problems are experiencing "installation error".

That being said, any gains are usually modest.

The increase the plenum volume a bit and make for a slightly stronger vacuum signal through the throttle bores which can have a modest improvement on atomization.

There is no improvement on a dry intake manifold though.....

RED90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's nobodys fault except for their own if they starts unplugging stuff without looking. I installed a TBI spacer on my 94 with no ill effects. However I didn't notice much difference. Was glad to raise it up an inch though and get rid of that collar. Hah

that collar youre talking about...isn't that the crank case ventilation that runs into the back of it from the driver side valve cover?