thinking of buying some cragers but need good tire size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toocoo

Reaction score
thats a pretty sweet set up...do you know what the spec are on those wheels and tires? im thinking 17's probably...

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love this setup, anyway I could get it with 10" wide in the back

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's hard to find good tire sizes for 17's but MH racemaster makes a DR in 335/45r17 which is what I'll be running, but I will have to get these widened a little.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
what tire size would give the wheels that "fat" look?

You could go the route most people do and run wider tires than normal, or look for tires with "WIDE" sidewalls. A quick google search shows that I'm old skool, that term hasn't been used to sell bubble wall tires in ages :crazy:

For reference, a classic wide tire was one that said "WIDE" on the sidewall. Sidewall width to tread width ratio is what you're looking for if you want the "fat" look. For instance, I had some Honcho Wide 60's back in the day, they were 9" tread width and 15" sidewall width.

Almost forgot, ya still gotta run tires with a tread width atleast the same or wider than rim size to attain the wide/fat look to it.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could go the route most people do and run wider tires than normal, or look for tires with "WIDE" sidewalls. A quick google search shows that I'm old skool, that term hasn't been used to sell bubble wall tires in ages :crazy:

For reference, a classic wide tire was one that said "WIDE" on the sidewall. Sidewall width to tread width ratio is what you're looking for if you want the "fat" look. For instance, I had some Honcho Wide 60's back in the day, they were 9" tread width and 15" sidewall width.

Almost forgot, ya still gotta run tires with a tread width atleast the same or wider than rim size to attain the wide/fat look to it.

this is why i did the 295/50/15 on a 8" wheel.. to give it the meaty look.. 11" wide tread width..