Thermostat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wesbest96

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been working on these bolts for an hour. Any ideas? Do I need RTV when I actually get the housing back on?

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Working on them? Stuck, broke, stripped?

Once you get them out they will most likely need to be cleaned up with a wire wheel or brush. I put RTV on every bolt that has anything to do with cooling system.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I have been working on these bolts for an hour. Any ideas? Do I need RTV when I actually get the housing back on?

And you are working on what?

RTV on the housing itself and your gasket, bolts dont go into a water jacket, dont need RTV.

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have an Edelbrock intake manifold on my truck and found if i use RTV it does not seal. I just use the Felpro gasket fro many auto parts store and haven't had an issue since.

wesbest96

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the cooling system from hell! Overheating with this new thermostat and I spent hours blurping out the air so I know that's not the problem lower rad hose is cold and upper isn't pressurized!

wesbest96

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
it ran just slightly hot on my way to work after removing air from cooling system I drove for 15 minutes then had to stop twice from overheating then the temp kept fluctuating from 230 to 215 the rest of the 10 minute drive

wesbest96

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the thermostat didn't open the way normal vehicles do it didn't go from 230 down from 195 in 5 minutes it took 10 minutes just to get up to 210

wesbest96

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said that I was working on the thermostat and I'm talking about my 5 other threads I don't get any responses on I'm hoping fullsize chevy has a larger base of users that are open to giving me assistance