The Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Looks good man! i just read through the accident posts, i didnt know that had happen! Now you need a blacked out bumper :)

Thanks man. Yeah, happened over 2 months ago! It was a long wait, but it's back now. I'm assuming you mean a painted rear bumper, that's what I'm planning, just have to find one.

so those are just angled wrong?

They are angled like crap, worse than the ones I had before, but I'm not going to worry about it, because they're getting sold and replaced with these -> http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-GMC-S...ake:GMC|Year:1998&hash=item3f16869d42&vxp=mtr
But yes, the outer projector is the headlight, it has a shield that makes a cutoff line, so it's not shining up in people's faces. I just don't like the look of them any more.

this^^^

diesel bumper looks SWEET on there man!

Thanks man. Sorry guys, but the roof rack isn't going anywhere, at least not in the plans right now. This still gets used as a truck sometimes, and I want the rack in case I need it (like for a bike rack or some kayaks, we already have the yakima mounts for this truck). Maybe one day when I get a stand-alone work truck, so this could be my DD and show truck.

He just got the bumper color matched, why does he need it blacked out?

I'm assuming he means the rear bumper, unless he didn't see the new pics. Either way, I'm keeping it as is. I'm loving the colormatched look, the chrome bumper just didn't tie in as well, IMO.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
It looked good with the chrome bumper but the color matched bumper looks:boobs:

I say find a w/t rear bumper and color match it as well

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score
Looks great Brother. I agreed Color matched rear bumper. Im on the fence myself about removing my roof rack love the look with out it, but I too have a kayak and canoe and snowboards, BUT I might make it so I can throw it back on when I need to. Similar look I wanna go with on mine.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
It looked good with the chrome bumper but the color matched bumper looks:boobs:

I say find a w/t rear bumper and color match it as well

Yep, that's the plan. I liked the Tahoe Limiteds and Z71 Tahoes (there's a few around town), but there was never a GMC version, besides the Denali. I hope to make it look factory, but those who know would recognize that it isn't, 'cause I'm sneaky like that. :secret:
I already have the OEM fog switch from a limited, I just need to find the pigtail, get some fogs, and order a harness from Baron.

Looks great Brother. I agreed Color matched rear bumper. Im on the fence myself about removing my roof rack love the look with out it, but I too have a kayak and canoe and snowboards, BUT I might make it so I can throw it back on when I need to. Similar look I wanna go with on mine.

Thanks man, I appreciate that. You've got REALLY clean trucks, so I take that as a huge compliment. IMO, if you could find an escalade or denali roof rack, that would be a sick way to keep the rack, but make it look cleaner. I would do the same if I could find one. I think you should definitely do the colormatched bumpers. I'm almost thinking you should do a two-tone at the lower body line that would include the bumpers, and get some OEM fender flares. Depending on the interior, I would go with a silver or pewter.
Problem is, if you do go with a colormatched diesel, then you have to pull all the molding, which also means the wheel well trim. Did you ever look at that black powdercoated grille I showed you? That, with your chrome ring colormatched white would look AWESOME!

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I definitely got it back in better shape than it was before. Hoping to be able to garage it soon, and then the real work would begin. :evillol:

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Front end looks nice. Check the thread for the fog light harness which he can connect to your switch. The fog light is on eBay, it's kind of high in price for one as I got two for that price but you can check often but haven't seen any buckets for the fog lights to seat in for sale. Maybe someone else has leads on those.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10065

Fog Light - Chevrolet Blazer / C-K / Tahoe

http://bit.ly/W9EHv3

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score
Thanks man, I appreciate that. You've got REALLY clean trucks, so I take that as a huge compliment. IMO, if you could find an escalade or denali roof rack, that would be a sick way to keep the rack, but make it look cleaner. I would do the same if I could find one. I think you should definitely do the colormatched bumpers. I'm almost thinking you should do a two-tone at the lower body line that would include the bumpers, and get some OEM fender flares. Depending on the interior, I would go with a silver or pewter.
Problem is, if you do go with a colormatched diesel, then you have to pull all the molding, which also means the wheel well trim. Did you ever look at that black powdercoated grille I showed you? That, with your chrome ring colormatched white would look AWESOME!

There might be a Denali rack at one of the Yards near me. Also I thought of a 2 tone to match my black truck. Flares? On a 2wd? No thanks. Plans for mine are to make it almost a gmc version of the tahoe limited. Maybe a 2/2 drop and color matched bumpers. Debating on debadging it. Most likely I will cause the trims not in great shape and Debadge just looks so much better. My interior is tan cloth. I wish this was available when I was looking. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999...0676032?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1e76b646c0
Exactly what I wanted interior and color scheme. If my pops didnt just have surgery We would be going to pick that up.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Plans for mine are to make it almost a gmc version of the tahoe limited. Maybe a 2/2 drop and color matched bumpers.

Haha, that's funny. That's what I've said I'm wanting to do too. Would you colormatch your chrome ring, or leave it? I'm leaving mine, because I need some chrome for the wheels to tie in to.

whatre you gonna do with your headlights and are you getting rid of your side markers as well?

I actually already have a guy who said he's going to buy the headlights and turn signals, I just gotta get my new ones so I can swap them. If that falls through, I'll let you know. I'm selling the corners too, but he has a chevy, and these are for GMC. You want 'em? I can take better pics.