The Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Hey guys. Not a whole lot to update right now. I have been working quite a bit, but saving up most of that money. Haven't really done much to the truck since the last updates. I have an Esky roof rack painted and ready to go on, but the screws on the current roof rack are stripped beyond all use, so I'm going to have to drill the heads off. I think the guy who painted it years ago probably stripped them trying to take it off, and then gave up.

Anyways, I spent a few hours today giving it some much needed attention. Washed it really well, then used some Meguiar's Swirl Remover on a rotary polisher, followed that with some Meguiar's Show Car Glaze. I like the way it's looking right now. I have a few things I want to do, but they're small. Then I need to get started on the interior.

Here's some new shots.

You must be registered for see images attach

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Always liked your Yukon. One of the things that I really like is the stance. It could be lowered more and it would look good but those wheels and that tire profile just look sooo right.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Always liked your Yukon. One of the things that I really like is the stance. It could be lowered more and it would look good but those wheels and that tire profile just look sooo right.

X2!

If you did lower it, I'd think just a couple inches would be perfect. Otherwise, I think it looks great the way it is. Can't wait to see the escalade rack on! I ended up taking mine off and selling it ... But for some reason I think it would look great on yours.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Hey guys. Haven't been around too much lately. Working 2 jobs and averaging 72 hours of work per week will do that. But now I'm back down to just one full-time, so it's time to play a bit.

The trans is still 1st and 2nd gear only. Lost 3rd about a month ago, but it drives fine if I lock it in 2nd, that way it won't burn up the fluid trying to shift into 3rd. I keep my speed low to reduce RPM, but I'm ready to get it taken care of. I have a tune from Wester's to run a 4L80e, which is sitting in my garage. So now I just need to run some new cooler lines and work on the wiring aspect, and then I'll have it swapped over.

Also, I might be getting something new for the exterior. Here's a clue: they're REALLY hard to find, there were only about 8000 trucks made that they came on, and they will make my truck look lower, without actually lowering it.

:badger_1: