The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

monsterwake

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question. I have a flip kit, with C-Notch, with upper and lower shock extenders. Belltech Street Performance shocks. I put the lift shackle in. I feel like I have zero movement in the rear. Like the spring does not move at all. What could be wrong? I have plenty of room for travel before it hits the bump stop on the C-Notch.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a question. I have a flip kit, with C-Notch, with upper and lower shock extenders. Belltech Street Performance shocks. I put the lift shackle in. I feel like I have zero movement in the rear. Like the spring does not move at all. What could be wrong? I have plenty of room for travel before it hits the bump stop on the C-Notch.
Did you torque your bolts too tight?

monsterwake

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will check that. I checked the shackles a while back. I will check the hanger bolts. I could see where that would cause restricted movement. I wonder if my shackles need to be replaced with better ones or something.

OBSOkie

Reaction score
Been looking around the service manual but cant seem to find it.

Whats the measurement from center of hubs to the fenders? Trying to figure out what my drop actually is.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been looking around the service manual but cant seem to find it.

Whats the measurement from center of hubs to the fenders? Trying to figure out what my drop actually is.
Why don't you post YOUR measurements and people can compare?
I'm 15.5" in the front, and 14.5" in the rear, from center to lip.
I'm a RCSB with a 4/6 drop, but my front hasn't fully settled yet....I hope.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dang Im way high. And uneven lol.

Front: 17” and 30.25” from ground to lip
Rear: 16” and 29” from ground to lip
I'm.gonna guess you have a 2/4 drop then.
Post some pictures of the truck from the side, and underneath in the rear, showing the rear shackles and the frame above the axle.

OBSOkie

Reaction score
I'm.gonna guess you have a 2/4 drop then.
Post some pictures of the truck from the side, and underneath in the rear, showing the rear shackles and the frame above the axle.

I will have to crawl back under and look at the shackles.

Attachments

• IMG_3665.jpeg
    IMG_3665.jpeg
    493.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3646.jpeg
    IMG_3646.jpeg
    224.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3645.jpeg
    IMG_3645.jpeg
    334.9 KB · Views: 8

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will have to crawl back under and look at the shackles.
Looks like they flipped the axle, but no C-notch. That's something you should get fixed up. Or you are gonna smash the axle into the frame, not an enjoyable experience I'm sure.

Mine from the ground is
29" front and 28" rear.
Your picture looks more like a 4/6 than a 2/4 for sure. But the springs could make the difference. Mine have over 300 000km on them, I'm sure I could use a new set.

Nice looking truck by the way.

OBSOkie

Reaction score
Looks like they flipped the axle, but no C-notch. That's something you should get fixed up. Or you are gonna smash the axle into the frame, not an enjoyable experience I'm sure.

Mine from the ground is
29" front and 28" rear.
Your picture looks more like a 4/6 than a 2/4 for sure. But the springs could make the difference. Mine have over 300 000km on them, I'm sure I could use a new set.

Nice looking truck by the way.

Yeah I was already looking at a notch and shock extenders. Im just going to go ahead and get a full 4/6 kit and redo it so I know exactly whats on it.