The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have information or pics of a gm pickup with a factory gm digital gauge cluster, not custom digital gauges but factory one from say a vette, cavalier z24, blazer/jimmy, firebird/camaro, etc... Or did Chevy ever try a digital dash in pickups?

No digital gauges in these trucks. Dakota digital has one but it's a lot of money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
No digital gauges in these trucks. Dakota digital has one but it's a lot of money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I once saw an astro van with stock digital gauges, or at least i remember a digital speedo in the cluster

kmehr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
rear suburban/yukon seat in regular cab.

I was at the local pick apart yesterday getting new seats for another project and it raised a question. Two of the seat belts in my 89 no longer buckle, the slide is busted, and the driver side of the bench is in rough shape. There are very few nice front seat sets left in the yards, they are usually heavily worn and sun baked. However there are TONS of really nice rear bench seats in Yukons and Suburbans- any reason I couldn't pop one of those in my regular cab? I know it wouldn't slide, which is ok, I'm the only one who drives it and theres not a lot of room to slide anyways. It would be $38 for a rear bench vs. $300 on LMC for a new set of belts....

Zanter22

Reaction score
When installing blue LED's in the gauges, how do you keep the needles and other red parts red? Is there separate bulbs for those areas?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When installing blue LED's in the gauges, how do you keep the needles and other red parts red? Is there separate bulbs for those areas?

They don't have separate bulbs. The painted needles do a decent job of retaining their orange color even with the blue LED illumination.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Are there any seats with a flip up center console that has cupholders in it? I'm really tired of burning myself on drink staws.

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

PewterZ

Reaction score
I have a 96 2dr Tahoe and the back piece on the drivers captain chair keeps falling down. any ideas how to fix it?

cc635

Reaction score
Quick question, having never worked on these dashes much ( im a square body man) the dash lights in my 98 dont turm on. Have power through the fuse and at the plug for the dash circuit. Any ideas would be great

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you check the bulbs in cluster? Would be cheap to go buy some 194 bulbs and install and see if it lights up. If not maybe circuit board on cluster is burnt and you will need another cluster. Pretty cheap at junkyard. Another thing make sure little roller on head light switch is all the way up. If rolled down cluster lights will be off. Hope i helped