The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael D

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so there's 52 pages in this particular thread, and nothing came up in the search, so I'll ask my question here. I'll be aquiring a 2001 truck in the next few days, to rob the drivetrain out of. Is there any chance of being able to use the dash in my truck also, without going through the frustration of finding out for myself? (meaning will it physically fit and mount up?) Thanks

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Nothing came up in search. How do you replace a broken interior door handle. Year 97. Pic won't upload. I know drill out the inner panel rivets and unbolt but any snags or is it pretty simple

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Nothing came up in search. How do you replace a broken interior door handle. Year 97. Pic won't upload. I know drill out the inner panel rivets and unbolt but any snags or is it pretty simple

Pretty straight forward. The new handle will come with pop rivets. Should take no more than 30 minutes, and most of that is taking the inner door panel off/putting back on.

Sent from my Taliban Killing Droid

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Ok so there's 52 pages in this particular thread, and nothing came up in the search, so I'll ask my question here. I'll be aquiring a 2001 truck in the next few days, to rob the drivetrain out of. Is there any chance of being able to use the dash in my truck also, without going through the frustration of finding out for myself? (meaning will it physically fit and mount up?) Thanks

I have seen a pics of a dash swap before, but no other information. You are on your own with that one.

Inside is easy. Remove door panel. Unbolt and replace.

Get some for a 99-00 escalade if you want chrome handles. :D

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score

Do-able, not easy from what I understand:

http://www.thedieselpage.com/features/project2-16.htm

You will have to gut the OBDI truck and start over. I would suggest using the complete wiring harness from the NBS.

You'll likely have to fab up some support brackets in the cab for the new dash also.

Like mentioned, I haven't done it but from what I understand it's not just a 1 for 1 swap.....

A few more pics here: http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/general-discussion/interior-tech/252707-nbs-interior-obs.html

Last edited:

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I have seen a pics of a dash swap before, but no other information. You are on your own with that one.

Inside is easy. Remove door panel. Unbolt and replace.

Get some for a 99-00 escalade if you want chrome handles. :D

Note taken.

hookedup50

Reaction score
I'm replacing exterior door handle and and removing interior door panel for access. I can't remember how or what to remove on the bezel on the door opening handle. Trying not to break anything. Thanks.

flandersander

Reaction score
I have a question about the cab construction. I want to put a gun rack behind the rear seat(ecsb). When you pull the seat forward, there is a perfect area to put a gun. I'm wondering if I can put small self tapping screws through the back wall. Or will they go straight through to the exterior. Hopefully I'm being clear enough. Thanks.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I have a question about the cab construction. I want to put a gun rack behind the rear seat(ecsb). When you pull the seat forward, there is a perfect area to put a gun. I'm wondering if I can put small self tapping screws through the back wall. Or will they go straight through to the exterior. Hopefully I'm being clear enough. Thanks.

They go right through. I attached my amp to the back wall this way. It never gets wet. I wouldn't be concerned.