The Ricer 2012 Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had been putting this off for a while but when the fuel pump died last week I had no more time to wait.

The bed was stuck on pretty good, 18" ratcheting breaker made short work of it.

You must be registered for see images

Look how awful it was.

Big truck's getting some use during the break.

Powerwashed, wire wheeled, primed and sprayed a gallon of rubber undercoat on the frame and under the bed.

Removed the rubber rear brake line and replaced it with stainless, installed new shocks, deleted spare tire mount and painted everything everything everything. Pics to come.

Also swapping the front lines to stainless and new 2500 calipers and replacing the ancient fuel filter that has seized to the line. Also pulling the truetrac and gonna made an adjustment to backlash w some new bearings. Also have to rebuild the fuel pump obviously. If I have a little energy left I'll do the 4hi headlights.

EDIT - Also here is the original big build on it http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthr...ank-etc-quot-Ricer-quot-build-thread&p=244917

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I like the way the exhaust is routed on that truck... All sneaky like

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I just seen the build thread on this truck and.... Wow is all I have to say. Excellentwork and awesome truck. Can't believe all I noticed before was the exhaust

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! I appreciate it, I've worked hard on this truck but it is different than most and runs great! The exhaust is also very very quiet, love it but gonna add some cutouts!

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Oh how I wish it was this easy to get to the frame on a tahoe, mine needs some paint! Anyways, looking good so far!

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Good thing you got to it when you did!!!! Looks like a good bit of rust under there.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys, here's how its sitting now:

Here's a better one of the exhaust if anyone's interested.

So happy to have the rusty spare mount gone!

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking good, what ever happened to lifting this one and sasing bigblack? i know you have mentioned it before

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was daily driving an Audi A6 but now that I'm back to DDing the ricer its going to stay normal height for the time being.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
ha ha looks like your going to have two Bad A$$ trucks! keep up the good work man!