The never ending bagged and bodied 90 rcsb build....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys...I posted a little premature I guess. I hooked up the tank pressure gauge line and filled the tank. Only had a couple small leaks to address but otherwise I would say she's leak free ( at least the tank). I didn't hook up the bags yet JIC there was something way wrong but I was able to test all the valves and they work as they should. All I can say is 200psi out of a 1/2 valve is way more air than I ever could have anticipated...Lol. I about blew my ear drums out first time I hit the fill valve. I still am contemplating a lower psi pressure switch as I don't think I'll ever need 200psi. Hopefully I'll have a little time to hook the bag lines and gauge lines up this week and this thing will be 100% operational under its own power. That will be a big milestone and a long time coming. I'll keep you guys posted

Oh and as for the relays Bill....what do you think is burning them up? I don't anticipate any problems as each 380c draws 16amps and I have a 40amp relay wired to each. I also have them fused to a 30amp fuse each. So I would think it would pop the fuse before burning the relay..It filled a 13gallon tank no problem. Just took awhile. Also I stopped it halfway for a few to give the compressors a break since it was the first time either has been used. I checked all wires and relays along the way to see if anything would get hot and nothing did.
Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
The relays just don't hold up to the power being pulled threw them. I kept having to buy them every few months and when I mentioned it on Facebook a ton of people told me to ditch them and use an 80 amp relay/ solenoid like used in multiple amp sterio systems.. My setup is Zero gauge power wire with a 100 amp blade fuse, to the solenoid. Then the other post has the compressors power wires.. the two smaller posts I've a solenoid ground one side and pressure switch on the other. I even went and threw in a self resetting 40amp fuse block on the compressor power wires. Mine are Viair 400s. Two five gallon tanks, and from say a run of 80psi to 165psi the compressors get boiling hot..lol Mine was wired like yours till my purchase of the sixth relay. I just got tired of buying them.. my Viair400s say 50amp on the sticker. Maybe you won't have the same problem?

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Who knows man?...thanks for the heads up tho. I picked up 6 extra relays from suicidedoors a couple years ago for a buck a piece so I have a few spares. Maybe this is why they were so cheap? Lol . If I end up burning them up left and right I'll make the switch like you said.

Btw what psi switch do you run again? 200psi just scares me...Lol

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
nicely done man :)

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
My truck had one 100 amp circuit breaker on it for two valair 400c when I got, and it has worked great. So thats what I'm putting back on for now till I do my EDC.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd love a hundred amp circuit breaker! Posted a pic of that thing. Ya gots me all's kinds of curious :)

I'm running a 95/165 or something like that..lol. Stops at 165psi.. ima go back to one that stops at 150psi.
I've noticed anything over 150psi the compressors really slow down building psi. Also noticed at 120psi is when they slowly start to slow down.

Reaction score
My truck has the 4.3, and bodied front takes 120psi for full lift and rear takes 40psi... And at ten gallons of 165psi, a from 0psi to full lift leaves 120psi in the tanks. Guess that's not to shabby..lol I can from ground do a full lift, ground again and a good drivable static height on the one 165psi tank fill :)
(40psi rear is w/no bed)

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
The fronts take a lot of air

If you haven't ran line yet if get some 1/2 -3/8s bushings run 3/8s line you will be happier job the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would say mine is the same as well 120 or so in the front for full lift ..anything over that just makes it stiffer. And about 50 psi untucks the tires in the rear.

And dev I already had the 1/2 line ran to a couple teed off shrader valves for a year or two just to get it around. Really don't feel like spending any more cash right now on a bunch more fittings. I have an ass ton of 1/2 left over as well. I bought all this craps from fbirides.com years ago before I knew any better. Prob just going to plug the dumps to slow them down and learn to live with the fast fills.

Jfever...feel free to post a pic of that circuit breaker in here....I would like to see what it looks like as well.