The Member Truck Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aris

Reaction score
New member here, just purchased a 97 C1500 W/T, 4.3 5 speed, 2 WD, 177,000 kilometres. Very little rust considering it came from Vancouver Island. I don't like the way the box sits up so high on it so I'm debating whether I level the front or the back? Any suggestions on getting it level on a budget? Eventually I plan on putting some money into it but in the meantime I just plan on getting it level and buying some new tires. Thanks!
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
New member here, just purchased a 97 C1500 W/T, 4.3 5 speed, 2 WD, 177,000 kilometres. Very little rust considering it came from Vancouver Island, they're hard to find around here with no or little rust so I probably paid too much for it, but I'm very happy I got it. I don't like the way the box sits up so high on it so I'm debating wether I level the front or the back? Any suggestions on getting it level on a budget? Eventually I plan on putting some money into it but in the meantime I just plan on getting it level and buying some new tires. Thanks!
If you have a reputable spring shop in the area, can remove the rear leaf springs and "de-arch" them. If gonna do that, start spraying penetrant on the attaching you bolts and spring eyes and shackles.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New member here, just purchased a 97 C1500 W/T, 4.3 5 speed, 2 WD, 177,000 kilometres. Very little rust considering it came from Vancouver Island, they're hard to find around here with no or little rust so I probably paid too much for it, but I'm very happy I got it. I don't like the way the box sits up so high on it so I'm debating wether I level the front or the back? Any suggestions on getting it level on a budget? Eventually I plan on putting some money into it but in the meantime I just plan on getting it level and buying some new tires. Thanks!

looks in good shape even a chrome rear bumper.
It'll get good mileage if you normal.
I really like driving my 97.

one thing i couldn't live with, no power locks and fob, so installed aftermarket with a security system.

nathanadams16

Reaction score
1997 GMC Yukon. 5.7, 4l60e, 10 bolt rear, 3.42 gears. 285x75r17 Atturo A/T, 2017 OEM wheels. Also added tow mirrors, vent visors, TPMS system, backup camera and window tint. Upcoming mods include: offroad seats front and rear, headlights, taillights, bumpers, lift, 35” tires, fender flares, regear and offroad lights. Long term wish list includes: restored chassis, SAS, XO steering, Ford F250 dana 44, GM 14 bolt, upgraded 4l65e and a stronger transfer case maybe an NP241c.

Last edited:

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gone to the darkside......
new to me, 2006 GMC 2500HD SL LBZ Duramax/6spd Allison

Not my favorite color, but drive train is.
After my last long road trip thru northern BC/Yukon with the 95 and RV, figured i needed a better towing option.
Since plans are looking good for a longer trip (about 12k kms) in the spring.

Found a good deal, so we'll see how it goes.
keeping both the GMT400's for now, wife maybe not :)

suggestions on the go to Duramax forum and "must do maintenance"?
The best Duramax forum I have found is DuramaxDiesels. They are more performance oriented, but can really help with maintaining and repairing your truck. Nice truck by the way, you won’t regret that purchase especially when you start towing. I have a 16 and tow a 10,000# travel trailer. The truck seems happier when it’s fully loaded down.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The best Duramax forum I have found is DuramaxDiesels. They are more performance oriented, but can really help with maintaining and repairing your truck. Nice truck by the way, you won’t regret that purchase especially when you start towing. I have a 16 and tow a 10,000# travel trailer. The truck seems happier when it’s fully loaded down.

thanks for the info, and back at you, nice looking setup.
working on changing fluids and fliters right now.