The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Thank you. I've enjoyed reading all these forums for the obs trucks. So question.. On the video I watched for the Summit Racing BL the guy says it may require some fabrication, has anyone HAD to weld to make the BL work? Any cooling issues on the 1500 models with the 3" ?

The bed supports need to be welded.

Havoc2004

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bed supports need to be welded.

Yea I'm a monkey see monkey do kinda person, I have to have pictures. I'm not really sure what the bed supports are. I haven't messed with this kind of stuff before and I've just recently started doing my own work on the truck.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Yea I'm a monkey see monkey do kinda person, I have to have pictures. I'm not really sure what the bed supports are. I haven't messed with this kind of stuff before and I've just recently started doing my own work on the truck.

They are just little blocks that need to be tacked to the box, I'll get a picture tomorrow

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
How the hell did you just flip them, I tried every which way with those, gave up and spent 75 bucks on relocators.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
How the hell did you just flip them, I tried every which way with those, gave up and spent 75 bucks on relocators.

You dont use the outside brackets at all.

Take the inside ones, swap them side to side, flip them around (what used to bolt to the bumper bolts to frame)

I had to cut the top of one of the brackets cause it hit the bed bolt.

Drill one hole through bracket to get a second bolt in on frame.

One bolt will work on bumper side. I then Just welded the brackets to the bumper.

Not the easiest thing ever, but if you screw with them. You can make it work.