The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if i do the body life i have a manual transfer case on the floor what would i need to do for that? plus has anyone else had problems with overheating? i dont atm stock but my engine runs hot pretty warm and i dont wanna risk it overheating. cause i plan on throwing in headers which will warm up my engine compartment even more. also should i go with 2" or 3"? what would be safer?

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
you can weld on an extension, i didn't though. just made my shifter a few inches shorter. no problems with over heating, and i don't run a lower fan shroud. not really any difference in safety, other than a bit of body roll maybe.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they manufacture a maximum of 3" because that is deemed safe. Obviously 2" would be a little less stress on your body mounts.

I always cringe at gap guards, yeah they look better but, it doesnt let that area breathe and can promote rust.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they make bigger then 3 inch body lifts, for gmt400's it's 3 inch only though or 2 inch. I think there's a 1.5 inch lift too or somebody cut them down.

I never thought they made bigger then 3 inch, and the law here is no more then 3 inches between the frame and body, but you can use 3 inch lift and factory bushings. I was proved wrong and saw they had like a 5 inch body lift on summits website for other vehicles.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they manufacture a maximum of 3" because that is deemed safe. Obviously 2" would be a little less stress on your body mounts.

I always cringe at gap guards, yeah they look better but, it doesnt let that area breathe and can promote rust.

how does gap guards make areas rust..i am using the aftermarket ones in teh front and some home made ones in the back

the front ones are the same thing that is in the fender wells from teh factory just bigger to cover the gap

and the rear all mine is, is just a piece of rubber with self tappers at the top and then holes with zip ties ran through it holding it onto the frame