the best door speakers>?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crispy

Reaction score
DB drives are cheap, and a great upgrade over stock. They have decent specs and sound pretty good amped up as well.

The speakers go right in most times. Some speaker companies vary their flanges a little and that may affect mounting.

Sideways the Seven

It's all Gravy, baby.
Reaction score
I have a question about speakers and didn't want to start a new thread. I am replacing the door speakers in my Suburban and I guess the ones I'm replacing have a magnet that's too big because the window is hitting it when I roll it all the way down. Does anyone have the specs on the mounting depth I should be looking for or is there another problem that I should be worried about?

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a question about speakers and didn't want to start a new thread. I am replacing the door speakers in my Suburban and I guess the ones I'm replacing have a magnet that's too big because the window is hitting it when I roll it all the way down. Does anyone have the specs on the mounting depth I should be looking for or is there another problem that I should be worried about?

grab some 3/4" MDF and cut a "ring" to mount to the door, then mount the speakers to the ring, it will clear your window and sound better at the same time.

Reaction score
I'm running the same door speakers I've used in six different vehicles.. and they are 26 years old! lol... still play like new :)

Sideways the Seven

It's all Gravy, baby.
Reaction score
grab some 3/4" MDF and cut a "ring" to mount to the door, then mount the speakers to the ring, it will clear your window and sound better at the same time.

Wouldn't that interfere with the speaker grille in the door panel though? Is that easily removable? I have grilles to put over the speaker if that's what I need to do.

I'm running the same door speakers I've used in six different vehicles.. and they are 26 years old! lol... still play like new :)

LOL! I wish I had a set like that, then I wouldn't have to worry about it.

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the speaker grills in the doors don't get touched, and you don't need to use the grills that come with the new speakers.

Sideways the Seven

It's all Gravy, baby.
Reaction score
the speaker grills in the doors don't get touched, and you don't need to use the grills that come with the new speakers.

Huh? Pardon my stupidity, but I'm confused. My door panel looks something like this.
You must be registered for see images

Are you saying there's and extra 3/4" between the inner door skin (not sure if that's what it's called) where the speaker mounts and the outer panel. It didn't seem like there was that much space between the 2. Wouldn't putting that MDF "spacer" in there cause the door panel to bulge out right there?