Temp. Blend Door Actuator Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackk1500

Reaction score
Hey Guys--

I have a weak temp. blend door actuator on my 98....so I have decided to replace it. Tired of getting stuck on full hot. This is the actuator that is on the passenger side to the left of the blower motor...kind of behind the ash tray.

I was going to attempt the job the other day...but was stuck racking my brain on how to get to it. It is a super tight area to get to the two screws to hold it in. Looks like I can get the one screw out fairly easily if I remove the ash tray / cigarette lighter assembly.

Anyone know how to remove the ash tray / cigarette lighter assembly? Does it just pop off? I noticed to black clip looking things on the right side...but I didn't want to go prying on something and breaking stuff before I know for sure how it comes off.

Also, if anyone has any other tips on this job...I would be very appreciate!

Thanks in advance guys!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The ash tray and lighter assembly is held in by those little plastic clips you saw. There's the two on the right that you can see, and two more on the left that you can't. To get to those other two you need to remove the bottom portion of the dash under the steering wheel. Can't help you much with that as I've never done it personally.

LMC sells replacement plastic clips for the ash tray assembly if you accidentally break some during the removal.

blackk1500

Reaction score
The ash tray and lighter assembly is held in by those little plastic clips you saw. There's the two on the right that you can see, and two more on the left that you can't. To get to those other two you need to remove the bottom portion of the dash under the steering wheel. Can't help you much with that as I've never done it personally.

LMC sells replacement plastic clips for the ash tray assembly if you accidentally break some during the removal.

Thanks for the info. buddy. Any help is always appreciated!

Ckeene

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ended up drilling a hole in the bar that runs horizontal to get to screw