TC issue?!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GWKP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey fellas here recently ive been having what i believe is a torque converter related problem ...symptom:some times wen i am going at constant speed of around 45-50mph it seems like the TC locks and unlocks constantly back to back and the rpm's change from about 100 or so between "lock an unlock"...is this a sign of a failing TC? or anyone having this common problem? TIA guys

chevy_man

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine's been doing the same thing for a couple years now. My fix is I'm slowly acquiring parts to rebuild a second one in my buddies shop and hoping I get it rebuilt before mine totally fails.

It could also be the 4th gear clutches slipping.

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It could be as simple as a bad brake switch or as costly and difficult as a TC solenoid or Bad TC

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with mine, I get a shudder at a constant speed between 50 and 60. I usually just speed up. I haven't noticed it when I have the cruise set though.

lestat0669

Reaction score
I have the same problem with mine. I went to two different mechanics and they said to replace the torque converter. I will keep doing research on this matter and take it to someone that knows this type of transmission. I had mines rebuilt last year and this shuttering (lockup business started like 4 months ago) But heres a link so you can have some knowledge regarding this transmission. I hope it helps.

http://www.drivetrain.com/parts_cat...0e_overhaul_kit.html#Common_failures_on_4L60E

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had this EXACT same problem as of lately. I eventually said I need to check the tranny fluid. Well, it was looow. So, we added about a quart and a quarter and I haven't noticed it since.

The reason I decided to check my tranny fluid was the truck was starting to over rev on the shift into 3rd. I just had the tranny rebuilt last year and here this **** comes. So far on a couple test drives tonight the problem is gone. I'll have to warm it up and check the fluid level tomorrow and top her off. So, first things first. Check your fluid level. Could be as simple as that.