TBI spacers, are they really worth the money?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Resin i am using has a working cure temp of 150°F. Epocast 50A/946. It is designed with flame retardent properties for inside aircraft. Sands nicely when cured, dries clear.
That is cool and Id like to see how that process works. I can think of a million applications where that would come in handy. Mostly in the process of making truck or motorcycle parts and doodads.

Martin Taylor

Reaction score
Some different thoughts if I may,

I got a TBI spacer and I'll be installing it tomorrow. Is it a gimmick? Probably. This is my DD and I'm combining it with 'cleaning and rebuilding my TBI' which I'm saying is necessary maintenance and I'm allowed to do anything to the truck I can justify as 'necessary' or upkeep. ;) Anyways, the real reason I'm getting one is because when I switched to an open reusable element with a flat bottom, (not the K&N one, save your money folks) I found that I could not remove the collar on top due to all the electronics as well as where the distributor is located and I figure 1" on top of the TBI will restrict airflow, 1" on the bottom will possible increase the effective size of the intake by a whole 2 cubic inches, or it will more likely have absolutely no impact. So a TBI spacer won't hurt in my application and will allow me to remove the collar and use a flat bottom air cleaner without having to perform any electronics relocation.

The other thing worth noting is in the sub-discussion about mpg, remember: your odometer is only as accurate as your speedo and while those miles are effective for purposes of service intervals if you're doing the trip odometer miles/full tank of fuel method you need to adjust your final figures for accumulated inaccuracies such as tires larger than 235/75r15 (stock size on my truck) which when I radar or GPS check my truck amounts to 10% which means that for every 100 miles my odometer says I've traveled I have actually gone 110 miles so if your odometer says you went 252 miles on 18 gallons of gas I first have to add 25.2 miles so I've actually gone 277.2 miles which means I would be getting 15.2mpg instead of 14mpg.

Sorry for all the extra words.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is cool and Id like to see how that process works. I can think of a million applications where that would come in handy. Mostly in the process of making truck or motorcycle parts and doodads.

My kids are all off to grandmas and other relatives for spring break. Yaaaay!!!! i took vacation from work, have a whole list of stuff to do around the house before the little buggers get back on thursday evening. Unfortunately none of this involves playing with cars and trucks :-(

I have to push back making this spacer onto a pile of other projects i have accumulated for my truck, my barracuda, and my mustang.

One day i will have time for all of it. And i will have the parts for it all LOL. The spacer is going to be the first thing though. I can probably accomplish a fair bit of it at work during breaktimes hopefully this week.

I got 4 kids. Oldest is getting ready to fly the coop. Yaaaay!!!! This will leave 3. All girls except the youngest. My little boy is 3&1/2" as he gets older he will likely help out in the shop. He holds tools and parts now and helps me sweep up. Goes to the parts stores with me.

Sometimes i feel like Wayne the werewolf from hotel transylvania.