TBI Heads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swirl port heads are no go for any kind of performance.
They are a work truck head. Low R.P.M high torque.

Would that make them better for daily driving?

LC2NLS6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Subscribe to motortrend on demand free trial, or $2 special, watch all the engine masters videos. Get the best head you can get, it'll make more torque and at least the same mostly. Holdener has them too but mostly BBC and LS stuff.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have both a TBI 350 and a Vortec 350 and the Vortec gets better fuel mileage and has more power

There's a lot more different between vortec and tbi than just the heads though. Any MPFI will get better mileage than a tbi.

LC2NLS6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get the best heads you can afford. You can get away with a small cam you have if you have great heads.

They did do a bunch of roadkill extras where they do build a motor where they could go into more detail, at least more than I need to know, I'm not banging cam bearings in or rebuilding my T56, that's what a machine shops and trans shops are for. Things like setting up your dial bore guage and using it at the same temperature and time you are setting up clearances, not the next day etc, sure they probably skip that for tv.