TBI EGR Valves

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randomguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is the best EGR Valve to use on an ‘88 7200gvw K2500 with a 5.7 in it?

Part number on the original valve is 17087196. New valve from AC Delco is 214-5074, with a GM # of 19210655, and is made in China. This new valve is supposed to be a direct replacement per multiple sources. I just want to make sure it’s a quality part before I put it in. Chinese parts are only as good as the standards they are held to and I have no clue if AC Delco China parts are any good.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
GM did change part #'s quite a few years back; I ran into this when getting an EGR valve for my '94 C1500 Suburban 5.7 - using the # on the valve, went to the dealer, looked up by VIN - the valve they brought out had a different part # on the box, but same # stamped on the valve itself when it came out of the box. So who knows.

I always recommend going with ACDelco or Delphi when picking an EGR valve though because the one-size-fits-many aftermarket ones rarely work correctly.

The # you are looking at is very likely the correct one, assuming your existing one was the correct one to begin with. That shows for your truck with the auto trans, not manual. Be sure to shop around for the best price on that part #.

Richard