Tailgate Running Lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
I always thought these lights were an indicator that a truck was a 1ton, but after searching the net, the description is "running lights."

Anyways, anyone running these on your truck?

You must be registered for see images

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
i think your right skylark, my 89 has them, I actually love them now ... they look odd in the day, but when you light them up at night, their actually pretty sweet. If I keep the dually, im going to replace them with regular utility light but LED ones, they look very similar but more modern.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Dually trucks have them either on tailgate or under it, varies by year as mentioned, and required by law due to the width of the truck - same as the cab markers and rear fender markers. Didn't we just have a thread about this (the cab markers)?

I like the ones under the tailgate much better. Cleaner appearance...
You must be registered for see images attach

And the technical name for the strip is an "ID bar"

Richard

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys!

I bought a "under the tailgate bar" and was contemplating on whether to install it or not. Then I got to thinking that maybe I should flush mount it?

draginlow

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine are on the tailgate and cant make up my mind if i want to keep them. i want to shave the handle and put it inside. so if i do that it may look funny with leaving the lights ha ha.

Birchyboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are they teaching what those lights mean in driver's education classes? If not, what good are they for 90% of the driving population? I'm 43, have been driving for 28 years, and never knew what they were for.