Need an over-axle/tail pipe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EKOBS

Reaction score
Hi folks, I’m looking for a 304 stainless tailpipe 3-4” o.d., but have not had any luck finding anything. I’m near the end of constructing a new exhaust for my 1998 GMC c3500 crew cab, long bed, with the gen. VI 454, and will need a muffler and over axle/tailpipe. As the project stands at the moment I have the long tube headers (JBA #6822s) installed with my oxygen sensor bungs and E.G.R. smoke stack/tube welded in place; I’ve also welded the 3” in/out cat. converters onto the ends of the header collectors and this is where it was necessary to weld on some v-band flanges so installation from underneath was possible. The picture of the exhaust on the saw horses shows where it connects to the cat. converters and will go back to a two-into-one 3” collector. I intend to weld on a muffler and tailpipe at this point.

So far as power improvement goes, I don’t expect much if anything, especially since I’m using the collectors which came on the headers and that is probably the most important part to get correct if power gains are expected. Also I’d bet the stock cam, which I’m using, is probably too short on overlap to expect much in terms of exhaust scavenging. I’ll just be happy with an exhaust on the thing that lasts and if I ever do any engine improvements hopefully this exhaust will compliment those modifications with only minor alterations.

I’m sorry for the clumsy photo inclusion, I’m not computer savvy, but I look forward to any information you folks can offer.

Thank you.
You must be registered for see images attach

Tomcat71

Tomcat Fixer
Reaction score
You can look up the instruction sheet for the Dynomax Cat-Back exhaust for GMT 400 and get the tailpipe number it should be a mandrel bent 3 inch pipe