Tactical Armor Group Review 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wise Wolf

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
By all means feel free to post whatever you would like regarding bumpers. I took a look at Ranch Hand and ARB before ordering from TAG. I wasn't much of a fan of the diamond plate look on the Ranch Hand, was also a little bulky, personal preference. ARB looked decent, mass produced on an assembly line, too bubbly looking in my eyes. I liked how many options there were from TAG, But the devil is in the details. BadBowtie & Blackcoffee are two members here who have these bumpers on their trucks and you can't beat that plate style, straight lines. I want to follow the boxy look even the stock bumper is too bubbly looking. I could be too picky and over analyzing it.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
By all means feel free to post whatever you would like regarding bumpers. I took a look at Ranch Hand and ARB before ordering from TAG. I wasn't much of a fan of the diamond plate look on the Ranch Hand, was also a little bulky, personal preference. ARB looked decent, mass produced on an assembly line, too bubbly looking in my eyes. I liked how many options there were from TAG, But the devil is in the details. BadBowtie & Blackcoffee are two members here who have these bumpers on their trucks and you can't beat that plate style, straight lines. I want to follow the boxy look even the stock bumper is too bubbly looking. I could be too picky and over analyzing it.
They are the best looking imo. Never heard of the black coffee guy

Wise Wolf

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update:

8/6/2014 I got word the bumper is now in "paint prep" even though I ordered bare metal no paint at all. Paint prep evidently means grinding, sanding and cleaning stage of the build. I'm not sure how long it will take for them to prep the metal it may take a month for them to attach a sanding pad, and another month to plug it into the wall, and another month to actually start sanding.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Mine took a while but I never had a problem with them. Hate to hear about it, they probably don't prioritize 88-98 GM orders.

Wise Wolf

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine took a while but I never had a problem with them. Hate to hear about it, they probably don't prioritize 88-98 GM orders.

How long did it take to get your bumper Chris? I want to love this company but its hard to do so!

Wise Wolf

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was maybe 3-4 months.

That time frame was something I was expecting, 5 months in I just got word today 8/13/2014 it was finished and ready to be shipped on the 15th, paid the final invoice. chomping at the bit. Do you still have your TAG Chris? I was skimming through your older posts and from what I read you sold that truck and just recently got a new one?

Last edited:

Wise Wolf

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
8/21/14 Today is the day! going to pickup the bumper. They shipped it to a town near by which is an hour drive away..even though I stated twice I wanted it shipped directly to my home address (they said it was no problem), and was willing to pay extra, they pretty much disregarded that once the time came to ship. pics to come.