T56. shifter placement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
After hours of looking and researching a "how to" parts need and kits available. I come to find this thread, seems to be the best one, and I see that keisler seems to be one of the only kits available that isn't a knock off... Pretty expensive, looks like I won't be able to relocate this shifter for under 500$ I really hope this T56 was worth the swap, its in total, without the tranny.. About 2000$ with the clutch, flywheel, shifter relocator, clutch pedal, etc.

Here's the link:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=300892

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
That looks like a bit of technical machine/trans shop work. And not cheap!
But you've gotten so far into the T56 swap, along with the rest of the work on your truck, that it'd be kind of a shame to change plans now, just for the sake of a shifter re-location prob.
I'd say, keep going! You're not a Hot-Rodder till you have to fab something! Anyone can bolt on stuff!

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
That's been my line since I started, anyone can bbolt something to their car, who can fab ? I'm not affraid of the install. Its the price tag!! Lol

Abbysam007

Reaction score
I won't be able to relocate this shifter for under 500$ I really hope this T56 was worth the swap, its in total, without the tranny.. About 2000$ with the clutch, flywheel, shifter relocator, clutch pedal, etc.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just curious why you need the shifter relocated? You running a bench seat?

LT1 T56 in my 454SS...

You must be registered for see images attach

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I just don't want it in the console like that.. I've seen your setup before. I'd like to keep the "stock" look. I found the part for 120 on summit from mcloed.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice set-up! Is that a stock short console modded for the shifter?

The console is non functional. I fabbed it up about 10 years ago the day before I left for the power tour. I had been driving the truck for 2 years with no console because I didn't know what I wanted to do as far as a custom console. I basically made a frame with carpet covered Masonite side panels and then attached the original top and lid,and then made a small carpeted piece with the camaro boot glued from underneath. When on the power tour, one of the hot rod guys saw it and thought it looked cool, so he photographed it and it was part of a tech story in hot rod...tech tips from the power tour.

It has been in the truck ever since. Someday I would love to redo it and make it functional.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The console is non functional. I fabbed it up about 10 years ago the day before I left for the power tour. I had been driving the truck for 2 years with no console because I didn't know what I wanted to do as far as a custom console. I basically made a frame with carpet covered Masonite side panels and then attached the original top and lid,and then made a small carpeted piece with the camaro boot glued from underneath. When on the power tour, one of the hot rod guys saw it and thought it looked cool, so he photographed it and it was part of a tech story in hot rod...tech tips from the power tour.

It has been in the truck ever since. Someday I would love to redo it and make it functional.

That's cool!