Switching from stock 305 TBI to mid-mild 350, TBI or Aftermarket EFI?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Good things to know, thank you. Where did you get your computer parts from and is there any good write-ups on how to do some of these things?

I never thought about gauges, wouldn't I be able to keep the computer hooked up and have all of the stock sensors plugged in to make them work if I decided to do an aftermarket EFI? Or tie the factory wires into the EFI sensors?

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The point I was making is that the sock computer is more than robust enough to run your truck with a few aftermarket parts. And yeah, I have a lot of small builds here, just search on my name.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which gauge cluster do you have? There are separate temperature sensors for the gauge and the ECM. I'm not sure where the tach signal comes from, but you could use an aftermarket tach connected to the white wire from the ignition coil (this is what I did with 1990 moonie gauges). Not sure where oil pressure comes from also. Voltmeter should just work you would think right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk