Sway bars?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Escalade sway bar on my '97 RCSB.

Need (2X) 3", HD muffler clamps. The HD's are longer & a bit heavier gauge. $10.00?
I replaced all the end link bushings with urethane. Had to go through the parts guys selection to figure out what would work. These are 2 piece ones. Left & a right. They're the same bushing. There's 8 of those. $20.00?
You can use the brackets/bushings that bolt up to the muffler clamps, or get new ones. Take the bar to the parts guys to measure for the proper size. $20.00?
I got mine for cheap, 'cause I know the guys at the wreckers. but they usually go for between $25.00-$50.00 with all the hardware. (links, brackets, etc.)
Make sure to get the nuts & bolts for the frame brackets. The nuts are specific. Keyed so that they lock up against the inner frame. Really hard to get a wrench in there.
Gotta drill 4 holes in the frame. P.I.T.A.!!!

When setting it up, weight of the truck on the wheels. Don't jack it up.
Install the muffler clamps between the shock mounts.
Get the bushings on the bar, with the shells.
Once the bar is on the M.Clamps, tighten just barely snug. They'll have to be moved during adjustment, but still be able to hold their position.
Install the end links & the frame brackets.
Proper positioning is when the bar is...
-Square to the rear end.
-Parallel to the ground.
-The end link perpendicular to the ground.

Mark the position of where the ends of the bracket has to be mounted to the frame.
Remove the frame bracket & mark & drill the holes. Install the bracket to the frame, followed by the end links & bar.
Tighten up the clamps on the housing.

In these pix, the new bushings were not installed.

You must be registered for see images attach

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drilling holes in the frame is never fun lol

This esky rear sway bar made a noticeable difference over stock?

Also, what about front sway bars?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The rear made a huge difference! One of my most favourite mods. Both my trucks have had this done. The '98's a bit different but the same idea.

The 1/2T trucks that came factory with just the front bar, have a larger one than the trucks with both front & rear. A little compensation on GM's part.
On my front I installed new end links, (has to be done when the trucks are lowered anyhow) & swapped the frame mounts over to urethane.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The custom brackets on my '98.

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just did the same thing on mine last week. World of difference. Instead of making the dog bones shorter in just made new holes in the bracket that mounts to the frame, then centered it so dog bones were level