Swapped TermX A/C issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpencerW

Reaction score
Hello all, I have a 97 c1500 Swapped with a Termx. I'm not getting power to my compressor, I've traced back I'm not get a 12v to my light green signal wire. I cut out the original PCM. So I'm trying to figure what wire supplied 12v to the light green signal wire. Any ideas?

Scottm

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The original ecm had several ac inputs. One from the ac switch on the dash, plus the low pressure cycling switch on the accumulator, plus a high pressure switch on the manifold by the compressor, plus another high pressure safety in the back of the compressor. When everything is right, the ecm fires the ac clutch relay in the fuse/relay box under the hood. Is the ecm for the new engine a gm unit? If so it should be able to run the ac like the 97 did. If nothing else, you could take the dash switch signal wire, run it through the accumulator lp cycling switch, and run it to the compressor relay directly.

SpencerW

Reaction score
Im currently not running GM ECM. I'm running Holley Terminator. I've wired in 'Curent Performances Holley AC Kit'. With that, I tied in the low pressure switch on the accumulator in line to the Signal wire. Only issue is, my signal wire from the AC button in cab is not putting power out. I've got the HVAC controls out, and not getting any power to the Light Green wire on it. Hope this makes sense. Just trying to figure out how the AC button in the cab gets its power. I'm terrible at reading schematics/wire diagrams.
Thanks for the assistance.
The original ecm had several ac inputs. One from the ac switch on the dash, plus the low pressure cycling switch on the accumulator, plus a high pressure switch on the manifold by the compressor, plus another high pressure safety in the back of the compressor. When everything is right, the ecm fires the ac clutch relay in the fuse/relay box under the hood. Is the ecm for the new engine a gm unit? If so it should be able to run the ac like the 97 did. If nothing else, you could take the dash switch signal wire, run it through the accumulator lp cycling switch, and run it to the compressor relay directly.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the A/C signal wire off the control create the ground? If so you would use it to ground the pull in winding of a relay.

SpencerW

Reaction score
Does the A/C signal wire off the control create the ground? If so you would use it to ground the pull in winding of a relay.
Like i said, I'm pretty illiterate on this. I'm just making thr assumption it is 12v though. I've essentially bypassed everything now, just utilizing the factory original HVAC control on dash now for the button. Everything else works on the control besides HVAC related things. Temp, blower speed, all works fine.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just looked up the wiring diagram and it looks to me that terminal 10 in connector C creates the ground for the A/C relay.

SpencerW

Reaction score
I just looked up the wiring diagram and it looks to me that terminal 10 in connector C creates the ground for the A/C relay.
What or where do you see that? Again, I'm terrible at understanding these.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230916_131828_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230916_131828_Chrome.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20230916_131833_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230916_131833_Chrome.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 7