Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can't find one of a gmt400, but you get the idea. Much smoother flowing than this.
You must be registered for see images attach

This is what mine looks like. I was just gunna cut the y part keep the down pipe and everything and weld it right to the glass pack.

What is so different about this one(was a suggested one to buy) thant he stock one?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score

This is what mine looks like. I was just gunna cut the y part keep the down pipe and everything and weld it right to the glass pack.

What is so different about this one(was a suggested one to buy) thant he stock one?

Well, that's just a collector but improvements are related to exhaust rejoin.

The stock one is a "slice cut" which allows the exhaust to impact at steeper angles. That causes the exhaust to tumble and reduce velocity.

Internal waste gate turbos have the same problem. Exhaust gas rejoin at the turbine exducer from the wastegate. Basically, it's a restriction.

The aftermarket one joins the flows parallel to each other. The velocity from one side also helps to scavenge the other. This is a similar principal use in externally wastegated turbos. The wastegate rejoins the exhaust flow parallel and further away from the exducer to avoid the tumbling/turbulence and promote higher exhaust velocities.

The one pictured doesn't look like it has it, but some collectors for specific engines/applications may have one pipe in the collector longer than the other to promote scavenging even further. It will be a specific length, tuned to the application.

Now, when talking just the collector in isolation, the increases are relatively small but become significant when part of a more complete system.

:)

Last edited:

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you, but.. doesn't look like I will be doing any modding to this truck anymore, thanks ya'll for ya'lls help.