suspension + tire question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98Z71GUY93

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

hey guys im new here. for all the veterans yes i have used the search so please dont hate that much. i just had a question about a lift and tire size. i have a 98 z71 silverado, no suspension work at the moment besides the torsions bars cranked a turn and im sitting on 285/75r16 with stock wheels. i came across a set of my favorite early model american racing whells. there 15's i believe. not sure about width or backspace i found them on craigslist. there american racing ar-26 or type 26. i was thinking about just doing wheels and tires but im gonna need a little lift eventually. so i was wondering if i do 3/4 ton leafs in the rear which would bring my rear leaf count from like 3 or 4/1 to 7/1, hopefully that would lift me 2 inches in the rear and crank the torsions level. could i clear 33x12.50r15's or would i need to do 33x10.50r15's. i would like 33x12.50;s because of the broader choices 33x10.50's there isnt much and i want an all terrain tire not a mud terrain. if you guys could let me know, that would be awesome, ill post some pics of the truck and such when i get a chance, thanks a lot :evillol:
heres the wheels i found

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
285's are 33's so why would they not fit?

big thing is just the wheels sticking out.

you could clear them as is maybe, or you may just need to block and crank, or use other leafs, or add a leafs.