Suspension related question HELP PLZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

obsonlimiteds

Reaction score
For the past day and a half , I have been trying to trace down a loud clunk noise I heard after testing out my freshly installed front brakes (rotors , bearings, races , seals , cotter pin &grease , and pads )on my 98 c1500 extended cab , it was while I was going over a speed bump near my neighborhood. I quickly returned home to check everything underneath and brakes were operating perfectly regardless of the noise. I have checked for play in the inner and outer tie rods , pitman arm , idler arm and upper and lower ball joints and all has came up good. I checked the shocks today for leaks and everything looks a okay. LCA bushings look good no cracks , uppers on the other hand need to replaced. I did notice that my springs on both side need about a half inch before seating properly im the arm pocket on the LCAs. Im just wondering now if that could be the cause why i heard such a loud noise when going over the speed bump ? Leaning more towards the unseated springs and uca bushings idea for why its making that sound...any thoughts guys? Thanks
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
glad you were able to find the problem and thanks for reporting back too!

obsonlimiteds

Reaction score
glad you were able to find the problem and thanks for reporting back too!
Thanks and for anyone wondering what damage the loud noise caused upon taking them off here's what i found that day on the frame mount and on the upper a arm. ... Side note : most uca on a 2wd gmt400 should have a lip protruding upward near the top of the bushing...my passenger side did not have it due to badly worn bushings failing to prevent metal to metal contact.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk