Suspension overhaul advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macrain13

Reaction score
I am gonna overhaul my suspension components. I need new ball joints so I figured I might as well overhaul it while I got it apart. I'm thinking ball joints, tie-rod ends, idler arm, pitman arm... What else should I go ahead and replace while I'm in there? Axles, brakes, and hub/bearing assy are new. BTW I also added the steel braided brake lines and it helped with the typical obs spongy abs brake's.

I have a 98 K1500 silverado ext cab Z71 with 5.7 and 160k miles. Suspension is getting a little rough and sloppy so I figured it was time to overhaul. At least before hunting season comes back around.

Thanks guys for the help, always good resources here.

Macrain13

Reaction score
Yea I planned on moog parts... Just wondering what other parts to replace? Bushings, ect...

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Control arm bushings would he nice to replace. Also don't forget about the sway bar links and bushings and a good pair of shocks. Lastly The rag joint on the steering shaft can be replaced for cheap.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
That's a good list!!!! It should drive like new when you're finished!!!!

89-Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I do a front end rebuild, I go to the junkyard and get a spare set of control arms. It's easier to blast, paint, and rebuild a spare set at your leisure, and you can take your time to do them right. When you are done, you are just swapping in the new parts, cutting your down time. Also, unless you like squeaks, or can use greasable poly bushings, stick with rubber stuff.