suspension lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have a 97 1500 z71. i want to put 18x9 inch rbp 94r wheels with 275/75r18 toyo mt's. the tires messure 33.6 inches tall. the backspacing on the wheels are +5.00
what is the smallest amount of lift i will need for this setup without any rubbing? i want to fill up the wheel well. so i dont want any extra hight. if it rubs just a little at full lok thats ok too. i dont like body lifts so it will be a full suspension lift. thanks in advance.

96cheyenne

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should be good with just crank up front and a block in the rear.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I need new shocks anyway so I'm probably gonna get this 3 inch rough country lift cause I know that will be plenty. My last question. It comes with my choice of add a leaf or blocks for the rear. Wich is better?

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't get the RC 3" kit.... it's an overpriced crank. Crank your stock keys and get shocks for 2"-3" then get a zero-rate AAL for the rear from Offroad Design. A zero-rate looks like a lift block but actually bolts to your leaf pack making it an AAL.

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've always heard if you crank them it rides rough? Does it have the same ride with keys as you do just cranking them?

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
I've always heard if you crank them it rides rough? Does it have the same ride with keys as you do just cranking them?

If you do not crank it all the way maxed out it shouldnt be too bad from what members on here say ill let them tell u their experience ive never cranked stock keys i waste money and put a leveling kit on mine. Even with the keys it will be the same if not worst. If u are talking bout leveling kits i can tell u from experience it aint worth a rats rearend. I put readylift leveling kit in mine before the lift kit and it road rough felt every bump and could never get it into alignment.

2000_Z-71

Reaction score
Cranking the keys will change your CV angles and tear up your front end quick fast and in a hurry. I've had two GMT400's with cranked keys and you will rapidly deteriorate your wheel bearing/hub assembly and ball joints. The ride is not terrible, but it's a tradeoff for doing more front end work. Aftermarket lift keys simply allow the set screw to have more adjustment on the key itself. They still load the torsion bar more than it is designed for (which is what cranking your keys does). That being said, I ran a 285/75/15 BFG A/T with 4.5" backspacing rims on my 95' two door yukon with factory keys cranked and trim on the fender flare and it fit just right. Two wheel bearing hub assemblies on the passenger side in two years though (thank god for AutoZone warranties) lol. Up to you but if you don't want to be fiddling with your front end a lot, the best is a 4" differential drop lift kit http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-1998-C...ubmodel:Silverado&hash=item337e8f7b92&vxp=mtr with http://realiftsusp.com/. These maintain factory loading and angle on the torsion bars. They are well worth the money.